Kanellis Family Dentistry COVID-19 UPDATE
On April 28th Governor Sisolak announced that essential dental services may resume starting in May. The Nevada State Dental Board later agreed essential dental services may begin May 4th.
As a result of these updated guidelines, we are very excited to announce that our practice will be opening May 5th for a wider spectrum of dental care. We have been working diligently to be ready with a new schedule in place that ensures the safety and comfort for both team and patients, as we return to full care and service.
Our team is now reaching out to patients who have had to cancel their appointments due to the shut down as well as patients who are currently scheduled in the up-coming weeks to confirm new appointments. Our new scheduling options are designed to address individual oral healthcare needs and maintain a safe and sterile environment.
We are continually focused on the health and well being of our team and our patients. To ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone, we have followed the direction of the CDC and American Dental Association by implementing the following and have also identified some ways in which you can help ensure a safe and healthy environment:
What we are doing
- We will be reviewing screening questions with each patient on the phone prior to your appointment and again when you arrive for your appointment.
- Each patient will have their temperature taken at check-in.
- Dr Kanellis and the entire team, will have their temperature taken every day upon arriving to work
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
- Each team member will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This PPE will be changed out with each patient appointment.
- Additional time has been scheduled between appointments for a thorough and deep cleaning of the treatment room.
- The chairs and tables in the reception area are being wiped down every hour.
- We are implementing special appointment times for our most vulnerable patients.
- When possible, we are offering special appointment times for patients to condense multiple appointments into one block to limit the number of times required to come into the office.
- Offering new financial arrangements to help ensure affordable care.
What you can do
- Use the hand sanitizer station at the front door prior to check in.
- Please leave family members at home to limit the number of people in the practice
- If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule your appointment for two weeks later
- Maintain social distancing with 6 feet or more with other patients and our front office team
- When you arrive, call us from your car. We will let you know when we are ready for you and you can avoid the reception area and go straight back to a clean and sterilized treatment room
- If you experience a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days after your appointment, please call us and let us know.
- Tell your friends and family about your visit. We will provide the same healthy environment for them to have any necessary treatment completed.
We look forward to seeing you all again and catching up with you at your next appointment!
Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for up-to-date information, as well as tips and resources on how to maintain your oral hygiene at home during these times.